Almost everyone in this world had at one point in time dreamt of having their own money-making machine. While it’s a dream that’s technically impossible for one to fulfill, you can however enjoy the next best thing by witnessing how actual US dollar bills are made at The Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Fort Worth Texas.
Visit the Bureau of Engraving and Printing Today
If you are planning to visit the bureau, be sure to call in advance regarding scheduled tours. If you visit early, however, then you can walk straight to the Western Currency Facility Tour & Visitor Center and ask about the next scheduled tour. Be reminded that tour slots are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that you don’t make it to the last scheduled tour, you can still enjoy checking out the various displays and exhibits in the area, watch the film prepared for tourists and visitors, and shop at its gift store.
Bureau of Engraving and Printing Tour Highlights
Prior to entering, you will have to go through a thirty-minute security check. Afterwards, you and other visitors will be scheduled for an organized tour that will require approximately 45 to 50 minutes to complete.
- Bird’s Eye View – Visitors won’t just enjoy a glimpse of the operations inside the bureau. Rather, you will enjoy a completely enchanting view of the entire process since you and other visitors will be taking a stroll along an enclosed walkway that’s suspended right above the bureau’s production site.
- Nonstop Printing – Find out how a “money-making” machine works as the bureau’s employees work on printing and producing billions of crisp new dollar bills – right before your very eyes.
- Interactive Displays and Exhibits – After that exhilarating walk, you and other visitors will then be able to explore two floors’ worth of interactive displays and exhibits. These will provide greater insights about how US money is made.
- HD Film Presentation – Take one of the seats in the bureau’s HD theater and enjoy a brief, informative, and entertaining film that will teach you more new and interesting facts about the money-making process.
- Souvenir Shopping – Can you imagine what kinds of souvenirs await you in a place that manufactures money like The Bureau of Engraving and Printing? Find out the answer when you visit the bureau’s gift shop.
- Rest and Dine – Spend more time at the bureau while enjoying food and drinks at the vending and resting area.
Visitors are strongly encouraged to come by early during the months of June and July, which are considered the busiest or peak hours of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.