More and more technology is becoming a part of our everyday lives. Some people choose to fight it, some choose to use what they need of it to get by and others embrace it. For those that embrace technology may be on the path to what is called a “Smart Home” where different gadgets & technologies are programmed to control things like lights around the house, the thermostat, your coffee maker, etc. We’ve put together a shopping guide for some cool gadgets for a Smart Home.
1. – Apple Home Kit – Use your iOS device to connect the products you use in your home so, you can privately & securely control them and make them work together.
2. – Nest Thermostat – The Nest Learning Thermostat automatically adapts as your life and the seasons change. Just use it for a week and it programs itself.
3. – August Smart Lock – Your smartphone is now a smart key—and more. Lock and unlock your door, create virtual keys for guests, and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your iOS or Android smartphone.
4. – iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaner – The power to change the way you clean! Now cleans an entire level of your home and automatically increases power where it’s needed most. Best of all you can connect to clean from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App!
5. – Caseta Wireless – Set the mood – dim the lights to relax, watch a movie or entertain friends from anywhere in the house. Welcome home – turn on porch or entry lights so you don’t have to walk into a dark home. Schedule lights to turn on or off at a set time, every day. And control your lights from wherever you are by using geofencing.
6. – DuPont Corian Charging Surface – Power up smart devices, wirelessly. It’s durable, stain resistant, easy-to-clean… The perfect addition to any modern smart home.