The American Airlines C.R. Smith Museum offers visitors a “grounded” journey into the history of American Airlines through a wide variety of interactive exhibits designed to entertain individuals of all ages as well as a digital theater where visitors may know more about commercial aviation history by watching the film The Spirit of American.
· The Zula Patrol is a 1,500 sq. ft. exhibit area that features the museum’s colorful cast of five space patrollers. Together with these wonderful characters, visitors may enjoy learning more about space and science as well as have fun challenging their selves and competing with each other through the different multiple intelligence exercises that make up the exhibit.
· The Incomparable DC3 exhibit celebrates 75 years of service of American Airlines’ famous DC-3, which its founder CR Smith had personally designed. Compared to its predecessors, DC3 offers a significant improvement in passenger comforts and capacity.
· The Flight Lab and Flight Stimulator are permanent exhibits in the American Airlines C.R. Smith Museum and remain today as one of the most popular as well among visitors of all ages. After learning the mechanics of how airplanes fly through computer games, wind tunnels, and interactive presentations, visitors may then proceed to enjoy co-piloting a Beechcraft 2-seater.
· Working on the Ground and Working in the Air provide visitors a fascinating glimpse of how ground and air operations work to ensure flight comfort and safety. You’ll learn everything from the very start of having your tickets reserved and issued to the time that your airplane’s cockpit and cabin crew attend to your needs and of other passengers.
· An Industry Leader is the interactive display that you need to visit if you wish to know more about the many “firsts” milestones that American Airlines achieved. At the C.R. Smith display, you will learn more interesting tidbits about the company’s great founder.
· Other permanent exhibits in the museum include Maintaining the Fleet, History Wall, and the multiple exhibits featured in the entrance lobby.
Once you are done touring all the fantastic exhibits presented at the American Airlines C.R. Smith Museum, remember to take a little detour to the museum’s gift shop before you go. You’re sure to find lots of wonderful souvenirs there that you can take back to your loved ones at home. The museum is open from Tuesday to Saturday 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. It has a later opening hour on Sundays at 1:00 p.m.
Check it out when you are in Fort Worth!